Friday, March 30, 2007

COSMOS - Minneapolis

Cosmos restaurant is located on the 4th floor of the Graves 601 Hotel in downtown Minneapolis. The sleek restaurant and hotel have each been awarded the AAA 4-diamond award.

I do not feel I can do justice to this incredible dining establishment. What has not already been said? I will simply indicate which courses came together to create an amazing dining experience.

Our evening began in the very comfortable lounge area located opposite of the dining room. The dirty martinis were perfect. Slowly sipping the martinis, animated conversation with my dinner companions and people watching gave a jump start to what would become an incredible evening.

For a starter, I selected the Maryland Crab & Salt Cod Cakes served with frisée and a duet of red pepper & a roasted garlic aioli. The red pepper aioli was my favorite.

The palate cleansing frozen melon ball and citrus ginger ice was a nice surprise before my next course arrived. I chose the Grilled Beef Tenderloin & Braised Oxtail. The succulent tenderloin rested on crispy polenta wedges. The tomatillo sauce had just the right zing for the very tender oxtail. The creamy queso fresco was delicious with either meat.

The Chocolate Gateau was the perfect dessert. The very moist chocolate sponge cake with walnuts, chocolate mousse paired wonderfully with the orange ice cream. Orange and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Simply sinful!

With some assistance from the very accommodating wait staff, choosing a wine from Cosmos’ extensive collection is relatively easy. Cosmos has received the Award of Excellence from the Wine Spectator.

The impeccable staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. They exceeded my expectations.

The contemporary design will catch your eye, but the incredible creative cuisine will keep you in your sumptuous leather chair for hours!

Mmm, Mmm. Mmm

http://www.cosmosrestaurant.com

$$$
+++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: