Monday, May 28, 2007

CREW BAR & GRILL – Chicago

Crew Bar & Grill is located in the Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago. After a short time in this comfortable bar, you will feel as if you have been coming to the Crew for years.

Tony frequently talks about the fantastic chicken wings served at Crew. I’ve known him to drive to Crew at 11pm for an order to go! So wings it was for lunch.

We had an order of the “Buffalo Mild” wings and the “Sassy” wings. Each order of the meaty chicken wings had a unique, intense flavor. The chewy/crispy outside gave way to the moist, meaty center. The Buffalo wings were perfectly seasoned with a tomatoey, vinegary, spicy blend of flavors, accompanied by a generous side of chucky bleu cheese and celery sticks. The Sassy wings were my favorite, seasoned similar to the Buffalo wings with less vinegar but more hot & sweet. The side of ranch sauce was excellent with the Sassy wings. The Crew’s menu listing for the Sassy wings is the perfect descriptor… “Just like Friday night’s fling – tasty & HOT!” I agree.

We cooled our palates with a couple rounds of the very soothing, large raspberry lemonade martinis. I know, I know. Put a delicious combination of liquors in a martini goblet and waa-laa, it’s called a martini. No matter the vessel, the raspberry lemonades are a thirst quencher with a punch! Yumm.

The plethora of sports memorabilia, large flat screen TVs, cheerful & friendly staff, and colorful clientele all add up to a great time.

I agree with Tony. These are the best chicken wings I can remember eating!


Mmm, Mmm…

http://www.worldsgreatestbar.com/


$
++++
✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: