Thursday, February 03, 2011

CAP'S GRILLE - Minneapolis

Cap's Grille opened in 1988 in south Minneapolis at the 50th Street light rail train station. The unpretentious eatery excels at BBQ. The eatery seats approximately 50 diners in their cozy dining room. The open kitchen and service bar face the dining room hiding nothing from the legion of customers who've been eating here for years! In addition to BBQ'd options, Cap's also offers grilled burgers & chicken sandwiches and salads.

I have passed Cap's too many times over the years to count. David & Tim suggested we stop and have some of their favorite BBQ in the city. They were driving this evening so I couldn't say no.

I had the "Stacky" - a huge portion of thinly sliced, applewood smoked pork roast that is oven roasted for at least 6 hours. The succulent pork is bathed in Cap's special BBQ sauce. The slightly tangy & peppery sauce is outstanding... not too sweet. I also ordered the baked potato as my side. It was perfectly baked - fluffy on the inside and a chewy skin. The servings are so generous I could not finish my meal.

For dessert, we shared an apple cobbler. The mound of tender apple slices swam in a smooth brown sugar sauce with a hint of cinnamon. The delicious apple filling wrapped in the flakiest of crusts was topped with 3 dollops of vanilla ice cream. Yumm!

I had not been a fan of any meat with BBQ sauce. However, after this dining experience, I will be returning in the very near future! Cap's Grille is located across the street from Minnehaha Falls Park. Grab a lunch from the to-go menu and head to the park enjoying some of the best BBQ and one of the most beautiful parks in the City. Run, don't walk (or take the light rail), to Cap's Grille.

Mmm... Mmm...


$
++++
&&&

Entrée

$ 10

$$ 20

$$$ 30

$$$$ 40+

Staff

+ Stop bothering me!

++ Anyone here?

+++ Stopped when in the area.

++++ As needed and friendly.

+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall

& “One visit too many!”

&& “Convince me!”

&&& “I’ll be back!”

&&&& “Same table next week!”



No comments: