Friday, November 24, 2006

THE VIEW - Minneapolis

The View is located across the street from Lake Calhoun. For those of you connected to the web, The View offers online reservations.

Seldom do I stray from my favorite on the menu. By now, you know it is the flank steak and grilled vegetables. I listened to Stephen & went for the seafood. He has never steered me wrong - tonight was no exception.

We started with the baby Portobello mushroom caps stuffed with Gorgonzola cheese. Excellent. We were tempted to order another serving. For dinner this evening, I had the Parmesan crusted sea bass with roasted butternut squash with a hint of nutmeg. The sea bass was drizzled with a very light Gorgonzola cream sauce. Outstanding – the sea bass was cooked to a flakey perfection!

For dessert, my dinner companion, Joel, and I split the Signature cheesecake. On this visit, we had 2 sides each of the homemade caramel and strawberry sauces. This dessert was as good as it was on my prior 12+ visits. This is a perfect solution to satisfy your after-dinner craving for something sweet.

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

www.viewcalhoun.com

$$
++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: