Thursday, November 15, 2007

BOCA BENTO - Puerto Vallarta

Luis & I returned to my favorite dining space for libations and some late-evening nibbles. We sat in Boca Bento's very comfortable chairs in the lounge area, opening out to the very busy sidewalk along Basillo Badillo. The “sidewalk entertainment” is always colorful!

We chose the not too sweet pomegranate martinis - perfectly mixed in each of the three rounds we very much enjoyed!

We had not one, but two plates of the Chicken Satay. The generous pieces of grilled chicken breast were marinated in light ginger/soy sauce. They were served with a slightly spicy peanut dipping sauce. The Szechwan Shrimp Won Tons were incredible. The spicy chunks of shrimp were wrapped won ton skins so light you would think it was phyllo dough. The pablano cream dipping sauce was fantastic, offering a great compliment to the shrimp.

This was my second visit to Boca Bento on this trip; I can not find my notes from the first visit. What I do remember is that our service was exceptional and very friendly. Monika, the owner, and Juan, the executive chef, stopped by on both of my visits. They genuinely want to ensure that all their guests’ expectations are being met. Also recall from my first visit 5 days earlier, that my friends - Mandy & Carol - described it as euphoria. They were still talking about it.

Once again, Boca Bento solidified itself as my favorite evening in Puerto Vallarta!

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

http://bocabento.com/

$$
++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

1 comment:

garyrbeck said...

One of my faves. Stewart and Monika closed this location and opened in Mismaloya at Casa Iguana, a huge palapa restaurant and small hotel. Right across from Barcelo. Food very tasty with slightly new menu items and same chef Juan!