Saturday, November 10, 2007

JOE JACK'S FISH SHACK - Puerto Vallarta

This is my second visit to Joe Jack’s Fish Shack on this trip to Puerto Vallarta. Joe Jack’s is located in the Zona Romantica area of Vallarta - the most energized area of PV with the southside’s beach, restaurants, bars, lounges and beachside cafes.

Mandy & Carol joined me for dinner and several rounds of Joe Jack's infamous Mermaid Martinis (an addictive libation of Alize, Absolut Citron & limon). This evening we were seated on the second level of the restaurant; the second level space is more relaxing and much easier for conversation.


On this visit, I selected the Luna Park ceviche for my starter. The ceviche is a combination of sushi grade tuna, a touch of light sesame oil, fresh lime juice, tidbits of tomato, diced white onion, cucumber and cilantro. Fantastic – extremely fresh & bursting with flavor.


For dinner, I chose the red snapper soft tacos. The trio of tacos arrived each with a generous piece of grilled red snapper, crispy shredded cabbage, cilantro, tomato and their secret white sauce. Hidden among the shreds of cabbage was a dollop of zesty chipotle sauce. Yumm! If it was possible for me to eat a second platter of these scrumptious tacos, I would have.


Jonas was our server. His attentive service and great smile added to our great, relaxing dining experience.

Link to a prior Joe Jack's visit


Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…


http://www.joejacks-fishshack.com/

$
++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?

+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”

✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: