Friday, April 10, 2009

BALI - Minneapolis

I had a crazy week and decided to check out the Happy Hour at one of the recent additions to "Eat Street". Bali is located on Nicollet Avenue (north end of Eat Street). The comfortable space has red and black walls with touches of Indonesian “art” and high ceilings

Bali was alive by 5:30p. All tables in the front dining area and most seats at the bar were occupied with an urban mix of guests.


My libation of choice was once again the Balitini -
a fantastic blend of vodka and a splash of Thai chili pepper infused pineapple juice. The hint of an ‘after burn’ is a nice surprise. Again, I had 2!

It was too early for me to eat dinner. Wanting to nibble on something as I enjoyed my Balitinis, I went with the Siomai (I actually had 2 plates). These half moon pipin' hot potstickers are plump with minced chicken, onion, carrot, garlic & a dash of light soy sauce. A fantastic mayo based dipping sauce with sweet chilis adds a nice contrast to these delicious crispy nibbles!

Its unfortunate the kitchen exhaust system can not yet handle the smells from the large number of plates leaving the kitchen.

Again, the staff could not have been more pleasant. From the looks of those in the dining room, I wasn't the only one enjoying myself!

Link to a prior Bali visit

Mmm, Mmm…

http://BaliMinneapolis.com

$
++++
✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: