Wednesday, July 08, 2009

AMAPAS SUNSET – Puerto Vallarta

Ampas Sunset is a new addition along the beach in Zona Romantica. The sexy, open dining space with stone tile floors, large tropical plants, and candlelight is gorgeous. It offers gentle tropical breezes and breathtaking views of Banderas Bay & stunning sunsets. The contemporary menu focuses on fresh seafood.

My friends, Luis & Jose, and I spent several hours enjoying the sunset, sailboats drifting in the bay, and animated conversation.

We nibbled on warm, homemade chips and fresh guacamole as we sipped our Belvedere martinis.

For dinner, I ordered the Shrimp with Mango. The 6 large shrimp rested in delicious sauce of pureed mango and guillo peppers. The shrimp were accompanied by a salad of red leaf lettuce, radicchio and shredded carrots tossed in a very light oil and vinegar dressing. It was excellent. The slices of warm French bread smeared with a bit of soft butter were perfect to dab up the shrimp’s incredible sauce!

Roberto, the manager, and his very friendly, well-trained staff made for a relaxing evening at the beach. Great friends + delicious food = fantastic time. I will be returning to this eatery on my next trip to Puerto Vallarta in November!

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

http://www.amapasunset.com

$$
+++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: