Thursday, July 23, 2009

ZELO – Minneapolis

Zelo is one of the better eating establishments in the downtown area. It has been serving exceptional Italian cuisine for 10 years. Today’s experience was no different from previous visits… excellent!

Zelo’s very large contemporary space of chocolate brown walls with accents of gold, silver and exquisitely colored glass is casually elegant and very relaxing. Ask for a table near the window or a large, round corner banquette if there are at least 6 in your party. They offer perfect dining room & sidewalk site lines. The stunning ceiling in the smaller, center dining room is worth a visit!

For lunch, I ordered an off-menu special – the walleye sandwich. The large walleye fillet was lightly breaded and quickly fried. The almost oil-free fillet was very fresh and flaky. Not being a fan of ciabatta buns, I substituted a toasted bun with a generous smear of garlic mayo. I also had a side of their very thin, crispy fries. A dash of salt and I was in heaven.

As always, the entire staff was spot on during my visit – friendly, accommodating and paced. I’ve never been less than satisfied when dining at Zelo.

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

http://www.zelomn.com

$$
+++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: