Monday, March 01, 2010

JOE JACK’S FISH SHACK – Puerto Vallarta

I am not certain how many visits I have made to Joe Jack’s Fish Shack, located in the Zona Romantica area of Vallarta - the most energized area of PV with the south side's beach, restaurants, bars, lounges and beach side cafes. I have thoroughly enjoyed each meal.


I typically ask for a table up in the rooftop dining area. This evening my favorite server, Guillermo a.k.a. Memo, was working the first floor dining room. The deep red walls, high ceilings, large mirrors and exposed brick surround a small bar that cozily seats 6.


It has become a tradition of mine to have at least one Mermaid Martini - a very refreshing, addictive concoction of Alize, Absolut Citron & fresh lime juice.


Tonight I asked Memo to order for me. He suggested Octopus a la Plancha (grilled baby octopus) for dinner. This entrée was so popular as a daily special it now has a permanent place on the menu.


The baby octopus is steamed then marinated in EVOO, salt, pepper & a bit of garlic. Each octopus is individually marinated with a serving of potato chunks, slices of chorizo, whole green beans, black olives and whole roasted tomatoes; the “dinner in a bag” marinates all day until ordered by a guest. The dinner is grilled caramelizing the octopus. The marinade is reduced to a wonderful, deep brown sauce exploding with big flavors. The sauce is poured over the grilled octopus, etc and served in a large flat bowl. Fantastic!


Joe Jack’s Fish Shack continues to be one of my must-do eateries in Puerto Vallarta. I plan on returning in April!


Mmm... Mmm... Mmm...

Link to prior Joe Jack's visit

JoeJack'sFishShack.com

$$

++++

&&&


Entrée

$ 10

$$ 20

$$$ 30

$$$$ 40+


Staff

+ Stop bothering me!

++ Anyone here?

+++ Stopped when in the area.

++++ As needed and friendly.

+++++ Invisibly perfect!


Overall

& “One visit too many!”

&& “Convince me!”

&&& “I’ll be back!”

&&&& “Same table next week!”

No comments: