Sunday, October 22, 2006

LUND'S DELI - Minneapolis (various metro locations)

Lund's Markets have amazing deli's featuring some of the finest selections for "meals to go." There are days when looking at a menu is not the answer. The Deli is the perfect solution for those times when you want to spend an evening at home with your favorite book or …

For my relaxing evening at home, I stopped at their Uptown location where I found something for most appetites. If you want to sample one of the many selections, just ask. With Kevin’s help, I selected the Tuscan Steak, seasoned with a dry rub & perfectly grilled leaving a pink center. It was so tender; I cut it with my fork. The selected side was the Roasted Chick Pea Salad. I never knew you could roast chickpeas. They had a nutty texture that went well with the steak. The salad seasoned with herbs and a drizzle of olive oil was deliciously different!

As you leave the deli, you will walk by their olive bar featuring no less than 8 different olive selections. Pack a container of your favorites for the ride home.

The Chocolate Dome for dessert was a light puff of chocolate cake. The hidden layer of chocolate mousse was a wonderful surprise. This delicate dome was covered in a thin blanket of dark chocolate frosting. The base of the dome had a ring of chocolate covered “crispies.”

Mmm, Mmm…


www.lundsmarket.com

$
++++
✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: