Saturday, July 14, 2007

KITIMA – San Diego

Kitima is located in the Hillcrest neighborhood of San Diego. This intimate, friendly restaurant is the perfect spot along the very colorful University Avenue to see and be seen. The 2 tiny tables on the sidewalk provide a comfortable vantage point. An added bonus is the shade cast by the sidewalk canopy.

For lunch, I chose the daily special. Today it was the Spicy Shrimp and Basil Rice Bowl. 8 sweet, plump shrimp were sautéed with chili, garlic, juicy chunks of tomato and fragrant basil. This fantastic combination was served over perfectly cooked sticky white rice. On a “spicy” scale of 1-10, I settled for a 3 – leaving just the right amount of heat on my tongue. It was not so hot that I lost the subtle flavors of the basil and tomatoes. Simply delicious!

The cheerful, accommodating staff only added to a relaxing hour in the middle of my afternoon of shopping.

Mmm, Mmm…

http://kitimaextraordinarythai.com/

$
++++
✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: