Tuesday, October 17, 2006

GILBERT'S MEDITERRANEAN CAFE - Atlanta

Gilbert's is located in the midtown area of Atlanta. This diverse midtown neighborhood is filled with eclectic shopping, dining, entertainment, and arts.

The evening's special was Lobster Ravioli, Filet of Beef and Grilled Beans. The light ravioli pillows were filled with succulent pieces of lobster. The 6 raviolis had a very light cream sauce accented with lemon. The extremely tender & flavorful filet was fantastic - cooked to perfection. The crisp beans were quickly grilled and slightly sprinkled with coarse salt.


Gilbert and his brother own this very comfortable, welcoming restaurant. The guests were eclectic and entertaining. The cozy, raised bar is at the front of the restaurant near the windows - perfect for people watching. I was very surprised at the reasonable prices, expecting to pay much more than the amount on my check. I am certain you will enjoy the fine southern hospitality and exceptional cuisine! Be certain to make a selection from their martini menu.

The very helpful salesman at Pergola (check it out this fantastic gift shop) highly recommended this restaurant. He told me Gilbert's evening special was not to be missed. I agree...

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm...


www.gilbertscafe.com


$$
+++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: