Wednesday, August 15, 2007

PICNIC Restaurant & Bar - Puerto Vallarta

Picnic is owned by the very charming Luis. His indoor/outdoor restaurant is located in the Zona Romantica area of Vallarta - the older, charming Puerto Vallarta. I've eaten lunch at Picnic on 3 of the last 6 days I have been in Vallarta. As I have mentioned in a previous post to my blog, I always order my favorite – the ½ roasted chicken, roasted potatoes and red rice.

Not today. Instead, I chose the hamburger, recently voted “Best Hamburger in PV-2007”. I agree! The large beef burger was slight charred, with a hot juicy center. The burger comes with the usual – lettuce, 2 types of cheese, thick slices of tomato, and onion. I went with the manchego cheese and tomato; I finished with my favorite toppings – mustard & mayo. The toasted sesame bun was the perfect size to keep this giant burger together. The burger is served with ripple chips; I passed on the chips and added a side of Luis’ incredible red rice. The rice is seasoned with tomato, tomato sauce, carrots, peas, onion and a tidbit of cilantro. Simply delicious!

The bright yellow, orange, and red walls are accented with hanging plants and artwork offered by local artists. Luis has put his heart and soul into his little “jewel on the hill” in Zona Romantica. He welcomes you with his incredible smile and open arms – like greeting an old friend.
Picnic is open from 11am – 6pm (closed Sunday) and accepts only cash. Picnic is half way up the stairway on the corner of Olas Altas & Pulpito.

I have spent hours sitting and reading on Picnic’s balcony sipping 1 or 2 very refreshing margaritas... a perfect way to spend a relaxing late afternoon in this paradise called Puerto Vallarta.

Mmm, Mmm...

$
++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$ 20
$$ 30
$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”


No comments: