Thursday, December 04, 2008

GREENDAYZ COFFEE - Amsterdam

Greendayz Coffee is a bright, contemporary coffee shop, 2 blocks off Damrak at Warmoesstraat 143. Franc, the adorable manager, quickly points out that their menu items are all natural or organic.

During my stay in Amsterdam, I made numerous trips to Greendayz for a caffeine fix.
Franc recommended the “Classic Coffee” – a double shot of espresso with a small amount of filtered water. Delicious! This mellow, slightly smoky coffee quickly became my beverage of choice.

My sweet selection was their fantastic mocha chip muffin; it was a baseball-size handful of heaven. This super moist muffin had a subtle espresso flavor and slivers or dark chocolate. The muffin’s crystallized sugar top was incredible. I learned that the addition of a bit of applesauce was their secret to the unbelievably moist muffins.
I admit I ate several.

The staff of this very comfortable, welcoming café is quick to answer questions about this amazing city, give directions, and make suggestions to those coming through the door. I always left with a smile and a hot cup of “Classic”!

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

$
++++
✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: