Sunday, July 19, 2009

FIVE GUYS BURGERS & FRIES – Minneapolis (Edina)

Five Guys Burgers & Fries is the newest burger joint to arrive in the Twin Cities. The long narrow space explodes with high gloss red, black & white accents. The high ceilings make the space seem larger than it is. Sacks of potatoes divide the walkway to the cashier from the eating area.

I ordered the hamburger (2 patties - fresh, never frozen). I chose 4 of the 15 available toppings: grilled onions, mustard, jalapenos, and tomato. This incredible mouth full was served on a toasted bun. Next time, I will request my grilled onions to be completely grilled. Mine were far from being grilled, closer to raw & oily.

I also had a side of Cajun seasoned fries. These potato sticks were perfectly cooked in peanut oil. Believe me, the oil makes a huge difference. Based on Jonathan’s (my cashier) description of the Cajun seasoned fries, I expected much more zip than what I got. Next time, I’ll order the regular fries.

The friendly staff is eager to answer questions and keeps this diner spotless!

Mmm, Mmm…

http://fiveguys.com

$
++++
✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: