Tuesday, March 20, 2007

GRUMPY'S BAR & GRILL - Minneapolis

Grumpy’s Bar & Grill is located in downtown Minneapolis – 1 of 3 within the metro area. Grumpy’s offers a full menu for the 2 dining rooms, several pool tables (it is fairly easy to get table time), and a jukebox with one of the most extensive selections of music I have seen in a long time.

This friendly neighborhood establishment opens its doors to a very entertaining, eclectic, diverse Puma-to-Prada-crowd.

My dinner companion, David, and I were craving a good hamburger. I remembered what my friend, Joel, told me – “Grumpy’s has never let me down.” So Grumpy’s it was.

We each ordered the “Build Yer Own Damn Burger.” I topped my very juicy ½ lb Black Angus burger with pepper cheese, tomato and guacamole. This mouthful was wrapped in a lightly toasted sesame bun. David topped his burger with blue cheese and mushrooms. We are still talking about them today!

Hold the potato chips that come with your burger masterpiece. This is the first menu I’ve found that offers a choice between tater tots & fries. ORDER the tots. The tater tots were fantastic – crispy on the outside and flakey on the inside. Ketchup and a variety of hot (pepper) sauces are available for an extra taste sensation. We had the half order of tots; it was more than enough for 2.

Go for the burgers ‘n tots… stay to watch the people!

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm

www.grumpysbar.com

$
++++
✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: