Monday, November 12, 2007

BAI SRI - Puerto Vallarta

Bai Sri is located in the Zona Romantica area of Vallarta - the older, charming Puerto Vallarta. Bai Sri is one of a handful of fine dining selections in Puerto Vallarta. Bai Sri is a higher end Thai & Vietnamese restaurant at the intersection of Rudolfo Gomez & Pulpito. Any cabbie can easily get you there.

The numerous gardens, fountains, ponds and the open dining room (no windows here) create a relaxing, seductive, dining experience.

The authentic Thai and Vietnamese cuisine is superb. Bai Sri proudly serves homegrown organic herbs and vegetables. The ambiance, the high quality & freshness of their food, and the very attentive, professional service (2 waiters per table) all make the extra pesos you pay so worth it.

My friends – Mandy, Carol, & Rene – and I had a glorious evening at Bai Sri. We started with a round of their signature Thai Basil Martinis. This incredible libation is Absolut Citron shaken with a few pieces of Thai basil & garnished with whole basil leaves. Simply divine! OK, I'll admit that we did not stop at just one round…

For a starter, I selected the Tom Kha Gai (coconut chicken soup). This delectable combination of coconut milk, lemongrass, a hint of lime juice, fish sauce, and thin slices of chicken breast left you wanting more.

I could not decide on an entrée so I chose two. I had the Shaking Beef – a mouthwatering dish of tidbits of filet mignon, garlic, fish sauce, lime juice, watercress, and scallions. Perfectly stir-fried and served with white rice. My friends & I agreed that this dish was our favorite of the evening.

The second must have entrée for me was the Green Curry Chicken with mushrooms. This soup-like entrée was made with chunks of chicken breast, coconut milk, green curry, lemongrass, mushrooms, and lime juice; I believe I detected a hint of fish sauce. For me, this dish was a very close second. Yumm! This Green Curry Chicken was a first for me. I look forward to “2nds” when I return to Vallarta in the coming months.

Order several entrées & share with your dinner companions. This is a feast you won’t soon forget!

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

http://www.baisri.com

$$$
+++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

1 comment:

garyrbeck said...

Loved it but closed for good. Adrien is still pondering a new less fancy location and raises his Asian veggies and herbs in Nayarit.