Sunday, November 18, 2007

PICNIC Restaurant & Bar - Puerto Vallarta

Picnic is owned by Luis. His comfortable indoor/outdoor restaurant is located in the Zona Romantica area of Vallarta - the older, charming Puerto Vallarta. On this trip, I ate lunch at Picnic on 8 of the 12 days I was in Puerto Vallarta. As I have mentioned in a previous "Picnic posts" to my blog, I almost always order my favorite – the 1⁄2 roasted chicken, red rice & roasted potatoes.

Not today. I tired something new – the yellow curry chicken salad. This fantastic combo of chunked roasted chicken, egg, celery, and onion blended with a light yellow curry mayo dressing was delicious! A generous mound of chicken salad is served on a fresh roll (delivered daily) with lettuce and tomato. Of course, I felt the need to order a small serving of Picnic’s infamous roasted potatoes. Heavenly!

Since my last trip in August, Luis has opened a large patio with umbrella covered tables – perfect for chatting with your friends, enjoying the ocean breezes, or people watching. All this while sipping your favorite libation. Picnic has begun offering a short “bar menu”, available from 5-8p. I highly recommend the chicken wings & a margarita… or two.

Hint: when ordering a margarita anywhere, order one with the better tequila. You will thank yourself in the morning, particularly if you enjoy more than 3!

Picnic is now open 11a - 8p, Monday thru Saturday. As with many of the bars and smaller restaurants in Vallarta, cash only. Picnic is half way up the stairway on the corner of Olas Altas & Pulpito.

Aah, this little jewel on the hill feels like home!

Mmm, Mmm…

$
++++
✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

1 comment:

Tom Colvin said...

Well, of course, EVERYONE agrees that there is no better lunch and early dinner spot anywhere else in PV!

Tom