Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TRATTORIA MICHEL - Puerto Vallarta

Trattoria Michel is located in the Zona Romantic area of Puerto Vallarta - the older, charming area of Puerto Vallarta. Trattoria Michel is one of a handful of fine dining options in this unique area of Vallarta. Michel uses only the freshest, highest quality products available, cooking each selection to order. Be patient; it is worth the wait.

Michel has created a very comfortable, casually elegant, space in shades of white with splashes of color coming from the fresh flowers and candles on the tables.

Our condo is just up the hill from Michel's. The first time we walked by the restaurant, it was David who said we needed to make a reservation. I quickly agreed. Michel's is one of my favorites in Vallarta.
David & I sat at a table on the wrap-around patio enjoying a tropical evening in paradise.

At Trattoria Michel, my preferred libation is their Grey Goose martini, slightly dirty.

I selected the Insalata di Finocchio con arrancia, pamplemouse, limone y Pecorin Sardo. This very fresh shaved fennel salad was an explosion of flavors - juicy segments of grapefruit, orange and lime - served over wild baby greens topped with Pecorino cheese and a drizzle of grape oil. Excellent!

My entree on this visit was the Milanesa de Pollon con e capperi. This whole, flattened sauteed chicken breast was served with a translucent white wine and lemon sauce, accented with giant caper berries. This succulent chicken had a trio of sides - slivers of steamed sweet-as-sugar carrots, grape tomatoes sauteed in a bit of olive oil, garlic & herbs, and a small mound of steamed baby spinach.

At this point, we asked Michel to join us while he ate his dinner. For dessert, he recommended the Zabaglione with amaretto. The egg whites, sugar and amaretto combine to create a heavenly puff of decadence. It has been a long time since I enjoyed a dessert like I did this evening. Indescribably delicious!

Once again, Michel ensured we had the perfect dining experience... paradise within a paradise. I am quite anxious to return to my favorite table at my favorite restaurant. My trip was originally planned for mid-May, but will now be mid-July.

Link to a prior Trattoria Michel visit

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

http://www.trattoria.com.mx/

$$
+++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: