Sunday, March 08, 2009

JOE JACK'S FISH SHACK - Puerto Vallarta

My friend, David, was traveling with me on this trip. We were in the mood for some seafood. I suggested Joe Jack's, where I have always been pleased. I am not certain how many visits I have made to Joe Jack’s Fish Shack, located in the Zona Romantica area of Vallarta - the most energized area of PV with the south side's beach, restaurants, bars, lounges and beachside cafes.

It has become a tradition of mine to have their special libation - a Mermaid Martini (or 2) - as I eat my way through the menu. Tonight was no different!


For starters, we had the shrimp tostada Louie. This trio of 3" tostadas were piled high with tiny shrimp, avocado & tidbits of white onion lightly bathed in a thin mayo sauce. Yumm! We also shared the traditional ceviche - a tall goblet overflowing with white fish, shrimp, green pepper, onion and a zippy lime sauce. I was hoping to have a serving of Joe's special ceviche with an Asian twist, but they had none left for the day. Our traditional ceviche was great.


For my dinner, I chose the mahi mahi. The grilled, very fresh mahi mahi arrived resting on the fonda rice (seasoned with tomatoes, peppers, garlic & onion) and a side of over sized red beans. Cilantro, sliced radishes, white onion and a tiny mound of the absolute freshest pico de gallo dressed the platter.


Guillermo was our server this evening. His huge smile and friendly personality added to our relaxing, flavor packed evening. His suggestions on this visit, as well as prior visits, are always spot-on.


Again, I recommend a roof top table. I take every opportunity I can to enjoy dining under the stars in the tropics!

Link to a prior Joe Jack's visit

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

http://www.joejacks-fishshack.com/

$$
++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: