Wednesday, March 11, 2009

BOCA BENTO - Mismaloya/Puerto Vallarta

I finally made it to Boca Bento's new location approximately 8 kilometers south of Puerto Vallarta in the bay side village of Mismaloya.

"Mismaloya is the small bay side village where in 1963 Hollywood director, John Huston, chose to make the movie "Night of the Iguana" which changed the face of Puerto Vallarta forever. The publicity created by Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton's love affair and interest in the Mexican town where it occurred, put Puerto Vallarta on the world's map.

Since then, this tropical paradise, where the verdant jungle vegetation of the Sierra Madre mountains meets the crystal clear waters of Bandera Bay, has been passionately linked to Puerto Vallarta's history."

[
About Mismaloyla]

Stewart and Monica have the Casa Iguana resort and moved Boca Bento into a large covered dining area (without walls). The very comfortable, tropical garden space made me wonder why it took me so long to visit their new location. Yes, Juan is still in charge of the kitchen.

I invited 5 friends to join me for dinner. We all had a fantastic time.


Unfortunately, I can not find my notes on my meal; I believe I left it at the table. We shared so many different dishes, I can not remember exactly what we had. I do recall that we ate shrimp prepared a couple of different ways, mahi mahi, tangy pad thai, octopus and. . . Scrumptious!


I do remember we started with pomegranate martinis. Refreshingly delicious - we enjoyed several rounds.


Stewart, the gracious owner, stopped by our table several times throughout our meal ensuring all of us were enjoying ourselves. We certainly did.


I plans to return to Puerto Vallarta in May have been pushed to mid-July. I have already made my reservation for dinner! More details after this visit.

Link to a prior Boca Bento visit

Mmm, Mmm, Mmm…

http://bocabento.com/

$$
++++
✦✦✦✦

Entrée
$ 10
$$ 20
$$$ 30
$$$$ 40+

Staff
+ Stop bothering me!
++ Anyone here?
+++ Stopped when in the area.
++++ As needed and friendly.
+++++ Invisibly perfect!

Overall
✦ “One visit too many!”
✦✦ “Convince me!”
✦✦✦ “I’ll be back!”
✦✦✦✦ “Same table next week!”

No comments: